Journey Pouch Pattern
Journey Pouch Pattern
All rights reserved by SSOL. Please respect the work of the designer. No part of this pattern may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior permission of SSOL.
You are welcome to make and sell from this pattern. Credit is appreciated. This pattern is strictly NOT to be used for commercial or workshop purposes.
Please note that that is a digital PDF sewing pattern and NOT a physical product. No refunds will be issued due to its digital nature.
Please note that while you are able to VIEW the website in another currency, my website is set to ACCEPT PAYMENT in SGD (Singapore dollars) only. Some of you might be able to still pay in your home currency depending on your arrangments with Paypal or Credit Card.
Please always ensure that the 1" test square on your pattern piece measures 1" EXACTLY.
To print accurately, please take note of the following guidelines:
1) Do NOT print pattern from your phone/ipad.
2) Print from a laptop/computer.
3) Open the file with Adobe Reader (not from browser preview).
4) Select 100% or Actual Size.
JOIN THE SSOL FAM
JOIN THE SSOL FAM
Join our Facebook Group for the latest updates! Share your creations made from SSOL (Sewing Seeds of Love) Designs in our safe and friendly sewing community!
Date published: 4 Mar 2022
The cycling culture in Singapore boomed amid the COVID-19 pandemic and our family soon caught the cycling fever over the last school holidays. We got ourselves new bicycles and quickly realised that we needed somewhere to put our essential items while on the go. This Journey Pouch was developed to meet just that need.
COMPACT and streamlined, this little pouch will fit most phones with ample space for snack bars for that quick energy boost. Options for mesh pockets and interior zipper pockets are provided, depending on your needs. It features an adorable and functional 3D front zipper pocket spacious enough for your keys and our Bloom Mini Wallet fits perfectly!
For those who prefer a little more room, you will be pleased to know that this versatile design easily converts to a crossbody or a waist bag with a detachable strap in the REGULAR size! On top of the two sizes to choose from, the pattern will also introduce you to two different methods of finishing - the binding and birthing methods. Both techniques are commonly used in bag making and they each have their own merits.
I hope you will enjoy making them as much as I do!
- 1 3D Front Zipper Pocket
- 2 Mesh Slip Pockets
- 2 Interior Zipper Pockets
- 1 Main Zip-around Opening
- Strap connector that converts pouch into a handlebar and waist bag
- D-ring tabs to wear as a crossbody
The pdf pattern includes 42 pages of sewing instructions, complete with more than 100 step-by-step color photos. Also included in the PDF pattern are printable pattern pieces for your home printer. A video tutorial is also available (at the bottom of this page) for the visual learners.
Estimated Finished Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth)
Compact Size - 18.5cm (7”) x 14cm (5”) x 6cm (2”)
Regular Size - 24cm (9”) x 17cm (6”) x 6cm (2”)
Materials and Supplies
(depends on very much which version you are planning to make)
-  Fat Quarter of Exterior
-  Half a yard of Lining Fabric
-  Half a yard of Woven Interfacing
-  Fat Quarter of Fusible Fleece/Decovil Light
-  Fat Quarter of Mesh Fabric
-  Size 3 Zippers
-  Size 5 Zipper
-  1" Cotton/Nylon Webbing (1m) (for handlebar pouch)
-  3/4" Velcro Strips (for handlebar pouch)
-  3/8" D-rings (for crossbody bag)
-  1" Swivel Clasps (for crossbody bag)
-  1" Adjustable Slider (for crossbody bag)
-  1" Cotton/Nylon Webbing (2m)(for crossbody bag)
-  Scrap Vinyl (optional)(for crossbody bag)
-  1" D-rings (if making wearable all 3 ways)
-  1" Cotton Twill/Nylon/Waterproof Canvas (2m) (if using binding method)